View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

unfinished test fight

on 10/8/2013, 2:07 pm
Spoiler:
Just need some critique on this. It's only a test fight, but since I'm trying to improve I would like to use it to increase my abilities.

Edit: here's me trying to make it a bit smoother not sure if it looks like it though. I also Skewed sprites as advised but I couldn't really tell the difference all that much maybe I'm not skewing enough. Also changed the background I got a 2 out of 10 last time for it lol. Haven't added hitsparks or anything yet because I wanna fix what's been advised first .Anyway would love some more advice.

Last edited by Vancex on 10/12/2013, 4:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
Spritan
Spritan

Re: unfinished test fight

on 10/8/2013, 2:19 pm
@Vancex wrote:
Spoiler:
Just need some critiques on this. It's only a test fight, but since I'm trying to improve I would like to use it to increase my abilities
It looks decent to me but i can't really critique it though cause i don't think im that good to critique someone else's work but so far it's decent. O_O and i didn't know you used draglade sprites as well i thought everyone left those sprites for dead that's why i've been using them to bring them back to life Razz
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/8/2013, 3:24 pm
The jump the blonde guy did at the start does not look that realistic it needs some more physics

" />
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/8/2013, 4:17 pm
i think that's my camera movement you're talking about... I should fix that thanks unless you were talking about the initial dash. I try to use less tweening in this than I normally do so also, so my fbf jumping for him may add how weird it looks

on 10/8/2013, 4:40 pm
it looks quite choppy, and the timing was pretty even at certain spots
Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttps://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888

on 10/8/2013, 5:28 pm
Looking pretty good. Now you should learn the concepts of Easing and Skewing.
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://twitter.com/BuchonlxDhttps://www.facebook.com/David Osca Villanueva

on 10/8/2013, 5:42 pm
Let's see , for a begginer it was pretty decent , your cam needs more work , and the moves were strange in some parts , that fire effects was too small.

And well i will give this a 6/10 just by this

Sprites 3/10 (They are not very famous , nye but it's not bad)

Sounds 0/10 (No Sounds so we will skip this)

BG 2/10 (Was good , nobody uses rings of boxing right now i wasn't expectating it.)

Idea 1/10 (yeah a test of a fight was pretty obvious but there's not really too much imagination there.

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/8/2013, 6:15 pm
Thanks for the honesty. After watching some of the work on the forum I thought it looked choppy but I'm not too sure how, yet. As for easing and skewing I did try a bit of skewing for the first time on hibito(red hair), so I'm not sure if that's right or not as for easing I mess around with it a bit just don't implement it as well or enough,t and for the ratings I'll accept the scores just not sure about the explanation of them;for example, your scoring of the Bg being 2/10. if the explaination of it was it looks fuzzy and not that crisp or something I'd understand a bit more. lol also no quotes because I'm on my phone and too lazy to type it the necessary to do so lol

Last edited by Vancex on 10/9/2013, 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

on 10/8/2013, 6:16 pm
@BuchonlxD wrote:Let's see , for a begginer it was pretty decent , your cam needs more work , and the moves were strange in some parts , that fire effects was too small.

BG 2/10 (Was good , nobody uses rings of boxing right now i wasn't expectating it.)

Idea 1/10 (yeah a test of a fight was pretty obvious but there's not really too much imagination there.

So it's possible for someone to get 40/10 with this review system?

Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttps://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888

on 10/8/2013, 8:34 pm
When skewing make sure the anchor point is set to the right location so that it skews properly. You can set the anchor manually by using the Free Transform tool and by selecting the object whose anchor you wish to set. The anchor is a white circle that appears in the middle of the object you have selected and you can click and drag it to set it. Play around with it to see how it works, but I think usually it's best to set it at the character's feet. (Skewing can also be achieved by skewing the bitmap provided it's broken apart and set up properly.) Make sure you look through the tutorials and stuff to get more detail on the concepts.
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/9/2013, 3:10 am
Thanks for that Rapidfir3Pho3nix I'll play around with the suggestions you guys have and reload in a few days
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/9/2013, 3:42 am
I will make these sprites popular again

Last edited by TheDarknessKage on 10/9/2013, 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://twitter.com/BuchonlxDhttps://www.facebook.com/David Osca Villanueva

on 10/9/2013, 3:59 am
@BDB wrote:
@BuchonlxD wrote:Let's see , for a begginer it was pretty decent , your cam needs more work , and the moves were strange in some parts , that fire effects was too small.

So it's possible for someone to get 40/10 with this review system?
Nope

Just I do it with randomness pointing over 10

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/9/2013, 8:24 am
Maybe it's just me, but I am unable to view your animation

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor - Sholom Aleichem

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/9/2013, 8:29 am
Silveblaze wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I am unable to view your animation
I believe he took down the animation.
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/9/2013, 9:31 am
No i didn't take it down if it's not there I'll have it up in a bit sorry about that.

Edit: Actually it's still up there the site I used might have been down for a while, it's still working as far as I can see
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum