View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

My wip for my first episode

on 7/1/2013, 5:59 pm
Here is my wip so far so please critique http://www.filz.us/view/f84220f7-0fc/ . I haven't touched vcam for my wip yet because I feel like getting the animation out of way before working with the camera so it doesn't bug me too much.
Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

Re: My wip for my first episode

on 7/1/2013, 6:03 pm
You should probably make the running part shorter, its just him running it shouldn't be that long.
Since he's slowing down when he stops you should make the background look like its slowing down too, it goes from fast blur to instant still. You should slowly unblur it then have it scrolling along slower and slower till it stops so its more fluent.
Besides that i don't see much else wrong.

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Spritan
Spritan

on 7/1/2013, 6:05 pm
Yeah I'm planning on editing the running part too I was just seeing how things looked while doing it and forgot. Thanks for the critique!
Spritan
Spritan

on 7/1/2013, 6:28 pm
Okay "initiating critique mode" Mother of god 

you need to work on the background, the quality looks low (I'm sure you can find a way to edit that in another program) , and you should zoom in more on your characters because I'm somewhat struggling to see the text
(just mentioning that for when you add the V-cam)

and Sonic's idle looks somewhat blurred two, and adding some dust effects will add to the overall feel of the environment.

other than that the animation of the characters was done really well as well as the zoomed platform.

Rushspeeddemon07/Havoctation

Spritan
Spritan

on 7/2/2013, 12:12 am
Thank you! I'll look into the background, might not change it though but will remember for future purposes. For the blurred sprite, Yeah I think I was looking at it but I wasn't completely sure on what was happening but I will try scaling them sometime and see how it affects the sprites overall. Thanks!
Spritan
Spritan

on 7/2/2013, 10:00 am
idk if I'm making a valid point here but nevertheless. I love some good script play, I think a unique text style makes the animation all the more dynamic, maybe add a portrait or two with the characters dialogue Razz.
Edit: You had portraits haha I apologize then :) anyway I still think it should be a little more unique than just a white blocky background. Can't wait to see it finished.

Spritan
Spritan

on 7/2/2013, 12:27 pm
Yeah I know that too. I think after the first episode I'll experiment more with the text boxes.
Spritan
Spritan

on 7/3/2013, 2:21 am
Hey can someone help me with this problem? I'm trying to have sonic run off real fast but when I make the tween and it's pretty short since it's 12 frames it gets to a certain point then right in the end it skips instead of actually tweening the animation all the way across the screen. Please help and thanks!
*NVM fixed, just made some dumb symbol errors like a nooblet when they put two symbols in one layer together
Spritan
Spritan

on 7/3/2013, 2:29 am
I get the same problem when trying to tween a stretch.

Latest spritesheet - Dodge the Boost Brawler (GBA Style - Cameo [Basic] Pack)
Spritan
Spritan

on 7/3/2013, 5:24 am
I fixed my problem by looking at my symbols and redoing it so that you only have one symbol in your layer not 2 symbols next to each other because it caused the layer to group them together, thus ffing up my layer.
Spritan
Spritan

on 7/4/2013, 4:36 pm
Alright here's a sneak peek at the first episode, this is the finished first scene so it contains small spoilers. Also, I will add music and finishing touches later once I decide what I use. Here!
http://www.filz.us/view/7e48f926-9c8/ Critique!
Spritan
Spritan

on 7/4/2013, 4:50 pm
Shadows sprite isn't aligned very good. There is a giant white line seperating the water from the far background. And you should change the text boxes also it's not very pleasant on the eyes. Also, 1 last thing, it looks like everything in the background was jpeg'd. If you absolutely cannot find a new background at the least blur it in fireworks or whatever image editing program your using. GOODLUCK :)
Spritan
Spritan

on 7/7/2013, 9:08 pm
Hey if anyone can help me with this one thing I need help at im live so come onto my stream to see it http://www.twitch.tv/aspiringbeast
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum