• HomeHome  
  • Forums  
  • MemberlistMemberlist  
  •  
  • FAQFAQ  
  • SearchSearch  
  • UsergroupsUsergroups  
  • RegisterRegister  

• This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Re: Sonic: After the Sequel

Post by BlitznBurst on 7/2/2013, 1:44 pm

So since I'm bored I figured I would post my opinion on all the zones

Horizon Heights: Great way to start off the game. Lacking in original gimmicks, but hey, it's the first zone. I liked the nods to Seaside Hill (And yeah, I noticed that musical nod in Act 1, KgZ) and despite being thematically similar to Hilltop Heights, it manages to feel familiar yet unique. Act 2's music was amazing

Sugar Splash: One of the more unqiue zones in the game, but also one of the more annoying ones. I'm kind of torn on this one tbh. The concept and gimmicks are all really great, but could have been executed better. Sugar Splash act 3's constantly flooding thing was a great idea in theory but just ended up pissing me off. Also the lack of a boss was just what

Cyan City: This zone was pretty bland to me tbh. It wasn't bad, but it really didn't do anything for me. I really didn't like the Kirby powerup, even if it was just for one act. The boss was just laughably easy (They all are, really)

Foliage Furnace: This is where the game really starts to pick up. All the music in this zone is fantastic. Acts 1 and 2 didn't have much in the way of gimmicks, but had fantastic level design. The Bubble chains were magnificent. I loved the train gimmick in act 3. Did I mention this zone has the best music in the game? Because it does. Why are there two special acts, though?

Technology Tree: Very pretty and pretty unique. My only problem is that the spaceship gimmick was there for two acts. It would have been better in just act 3. I was half expecting the boss to be another spaceship.

Moon Mansion: I liked this zone, but I have no idea why it turned into a water level halfway through. I like Falk's explanation of it being a cistern though :u The boss could have put up more of a fight, though.

Redhot Ride: Love the art in this zone. Act 1's mist effect in the background, act 2's heat distortion wave... thingy, act 3 had great hidden palace zone vibes. I loved the fire shield panels, and the "fire shield into lava" gimmick. The boss in this zone was just annoying though, and the collision in this zone is really weird, especially in the special act.

Parhelion Peak: I loved the scene playing out with the giant robots. In act 1, they're standing off, before the orange one helps you climb (Though for the longest time I couldn't tell what the giant thing with the eye you stand on actually was, and never made the connection with the giant robot) In act 2 the orange robot continues to help you climb, while the pink one seems to be undergoing a transformation. In act 3, the transformation is nearly complete, while the orange robot is nowhere to be seen. In the boss, the purple robot tries to fight you, while the orange robot helps you against Eggman before lifting you to Storm Station Zone. The boss battle itself as rather underwhelming, but easy to overlook just due to how amazingly it all played out. Neon Paradise remix was amazing.

Storm Station: As far as final zones go, this was pretty well wone. The music slowly transitions from heroic rock in the first act to dramatic orchestra in the boss. Act 3's music was wonderful, and I loved the throwbacks to BTS's musicians in act 2. My only disappointment is that there was no musical nod to Arcane Altitude Zone, especially considering there was a shout out in the actual stage with the gravity stuff. Seriously though, what is with all the snow in the special acts? Horizon Heights, Technology Tree, Redhot Ride and Storm Station were all snow/ice levels. I know it's kind of justified with this level since it fell on Parhelion Peak and froze over, but even that doesn't make much sense zine Parhelion Peak was turned into a lava level. Did Eggman just really like snow? It's not that big of a deal, but it just bothers me sicne I would have liked to see more diversity in the level tropes.

Dream Dance: I liked the idea of a "special stage" zone lake went with. The music was fantastic. I was pissed that there was another chase section, but this one was more difficult anyway so it worked. If there was one thing I tink could improve this, I would have liked if the level had started out in the actual special stage tube before breaking out into the castles. That would have been amazing.

My zones, least favourite to favourite: Cyan City, Horizon Heights, Sugar Splash, Moon Mansion, Storm Station, Redhot Ride, Technology Tree, Parhelion Peak, Foliage Furnace,.

My ten favourite tracks: Foliage Furnace act 1, Horizon Heights act 2, Parhelion Peak act 2, Technology Tree act 1, Storm Station act 3, Redhot Ride act 1, Moon Mansion act 3, Sugar Splash act 2, Foliage Furnace act 2, Dream Dance act 2.

BlitznBurst
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Number of posts : 4898
    Registration date : 2011-01-15

View user profile
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1

Post by Bradders98 on 7/2/2013, 5:33 pm

Funny thing, I find Dream Dance's chase sequence easier than the ones in Tech Tree.Cool 

Latest spritesheet - Dodge the Boost Brawler (GBA Style - Cameo [Basic] Pack)
    Bradders98
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1

Number of posts : 244
    Registration date : 2012-08-16

View user profile alex.bradleydk4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 7/2/2013, 6:29 pm

I hate Dream dance zone because I had a similar concept for a special stage zone for a completely theoretical Sonic game i'd probably never make because I'm too lazy to figure out MMF2. Here I was thinking I was being original and then Lake had to come along and steal my idea.

That bastard

BlitznBurst
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

View user profile
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 10/26/2013, 8:16 pm

I love the internet

BlitznBurst
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

View user profile
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1

Post by Bradders98 on 10/27/2013, 6:24 am

Blitz, figuring out MMF2 isn't all that hard. I could help you as much as I am capable of doing and find you a, y'know...cr*shot*

Anyway, it's worth the confusion in the first week or so of using the program. Experimenting and changing values in Sonic Worlds is always a good way to go about learning these things.

Hm...not sure if is actually supposed to be a part of the remix, or is just there to confirm we're being trolled.

Latest spritesheet - Dodge the Boost Brawler (GBA Style - Cameo [Basic] Pack)
    Bradders98
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1

Number of posts : 244
    Registration date : 2012-08-16

View user profile alex.bradleydk4
    Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2