View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.facebook.com/InJustX

W.I.P Old Sprite Animation Redo

on 6/13/2013, 6:28 pm
So, 6 months and all i have is 34 second of soundless shit >< More like 2 days spanned across 6 months, but this is going to be the first animation I've done with Flash So if i could get / a tip or two on what i should be doing, especially for uploading that would be great. Help a nigga out.

Administrator
Administrator

Re: W.I.P Old Sprite Animation Redo

on 6/13/2013, 6:33 pm
Your backgrounds have a really bad quality for one.
Go into the flash library and right click the background graphic, and go to properties, and for compression, pick Loseless(PNG/GIF)

Your pacing is like really slow, so you might want to consider going up to 30FPS.

Also, when you zoomed out at 0:28 (assuming you're using a V-cam) you should hold shift while resizing it because it looks weird when the aspect ratio shifts unevenly.

When you are shaking with the V-cam, you shouldn't do it that long, you shouldn't repeat frames, and you should move fast and abruptly, that way the shaking looks spontaneous and not repetitive.

Your alignment seems decent for the most part, but at certain instances you have misalignment that is overlookable for the most part, but you should use the onion skin and zoom in to see how off it is in the future

Other than that, pretty good job you have going so far.

Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://twitter.com/SpritingRulez11https://www.facebook.com/SptitingRulez101

on 6/14/2013, 1:04 am
The bg's Jpeg's and the V-Cam squished of the zoom out

Spritan
Spritan

on 6/16/2013, 3:23 pm
@SpritingRulez101 wrote:The bg's Jpeg's and the V-Cam squished of the zoom out
Hey man, you can say more than that xD. But there's no need in this topic. Joey said it all, all that was needed.

Hitlist (not organized):
Spoiler:

- xKAreloaded
- Leo (hopefully someday he'll accept)
- Dabestbrawler
- Exorz
- LightSpriter
- Leaf
- Eric
- SquirrelKidd
- NDS
- Patt (he doesn't animate anymore :'c)
- Pac-Boy (not even active)
- DestructionSeries (not even active)
- Mystah_Jayden (barely active)
- Face
- 5h0ck
- moke311
- Atomic
- Keezy

Everyone here, is considered (IMO), someone with great animation skills. So I want to battle them. Hopefully, it can happen someday.
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.facebook.com/InJustX

on 6/16/2013, 10:40 pm
Sieghart wrote:

Your backgrounds have a really bad quality for one.
Go into the flash library and right click the background graphic, and go to properties, and for compression, pick Loseless(PNG/GIF)
Gotcha, but i tried to do so, but after i click properties, all i get is the option to change the graphic to a Button or Moive clip. There is also and advanced options button that lets me do stuff with the Linkage and Source for the background.

Sieghart wrote:Your pacing is like really slow, so you might want to consider going up to 30FPS.

Jack up the speed, will do.

Sieghart wrote:Also, when you zoomed out at 0:28 (assuming you're using a V-cam) you should hold shift while resizing it because it looks weird when the aspect ratio shifts unevenly.

I do use V-Cam, so i will make sure to do this from now on.

Sieghart wrote:When you are shaking with the V-cam, you shouldn't do it that long, you shouldn't repeat frames, and you should move fast and abruptly, that way the shaking looks spontaneous and not repetitive.

Got it. I originally had that bit shorter but i had extended it for some reason that is now beyond the point of remembering, but, I had also had it shaking alot more violently but since it was only knuckles appearing and not something bigger, i toned it down

Sieghart wrote:Your alignment seems decent for the most part, but at certain instances you have misalignment that is overlookable for the most part, but you should use the onion skin and zoom in to see how off it is in the future

This bit actually makes me cry becasue i was onion skinning and zooming, but for a little while i was unable to onion skin, flash was kind of buggin' out on me, however i wasnt using onion skin to check if the future frame was aligned right, only to see where the past frame was.

Sieghart wrote:Other than that, pretty good job you have going so far.

Thank you for the tips, and i shall indeed go on about fixing thesee
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum