View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Celesticlysm (Project Thread)

on 4/2/2013, 7:10 pm

This will serve as a thread where I bring news, updates and info about my ongoing flash series project.

Took longer than expected, but I finally made it. I got a lot of inspiriation during the making process and I'm already re-working the first episode.

I really need some input. Since it is my first time using Flash, it feels like I don't really know what I'm doing.
So here's a preview of what I've accomplished so far, 2 finished scenes. In order to continue with the third scene, I need to know how to implement an intractable dialogue box (perhaps in style with SMBZ's). Could anyone please tell me where I learn how to do that?

Well, I've just spent two days trying to find sound effects and voice clips for the characters. It was easy enough to find voices for more popular characters like Sonic (japanese btw) and Mario. It got a bit tricky with Edward and Vegeta but... why in the hell is it such a B**** to find voices for Sanji, heck even ONE PIECE AT ALL? What's up with that? One Piece has tons of games and is one of the most popular Shonen Jump mangas ever. I've seen flashes use voice clips from the games but they never say where they got them. Please help, I've grown tired swimming in the ocean that is Google! ^^;

Greetings to you fine gentlemen

Been away for a while, busy with school projects and catching up on a few things (and by things, I mean Animé, TV series and games).
I now have some spare time to continue with my project, of which I've decided to continue.

I've named the series for the moment "Celesticlysm" (if you have a suggestion for a better title, don't hesitate to tell me ^^; )
I've also spent the time to further develop the story.
I will make a short description of each (what I like to call) "Instance". They're not separate seasons but rather parallel storylines happening in the same season. I originally planned on having 4 instances, but for now I'll stick with just two until I've further developed the other two.

To help me describe each instance, I'll be making these mini posters

Instance 1

Mario, Hero of the Mushroom Kingdom is separated under mysterious circumstances from his brother Luigi during a visit of his recurring Mansion.
Edward Elric, State Alchemist suffers the same fate as he's separated from his younger brother while investigating a mysterious transmutation circle during an excavation.
Sanji, Cook on the Sunny Go and member of the Strawhat Pirates is separated from his crew and has no recollection of how it happened.
Navi, her name and some sort of purpose is all that she can recall.

They all end up in an island group of an unkown ocean and have no clue as to how they ended up there. But they have little time to investigate as a mysterious man with a robotic army starts his occupation of the islands. They have little choice but to join forces and fight back while finding clues as to where they are, how they get back to their respective homes and reunite with their families.

Instance 2

Sonic and his best friend Tails ends up in a city unknow yet somehow familiar to them during a pursuit after their old nemesis.
Zero, the first Reploid falls back into the atmosphere after having foiled Dr Weils plan to destroy the planet and lands in a city that seemingly appeared out of nowhere.
Vegeta, Prince of all Saiyans wakes impossibly from the dead, having been defeated by his oldest enemy: Frieza.

They all end up in a city unknown to them but still somehow feels familiar to all of them. It doesn't take long until an army calling themselves "The Rebels" seemingly endless in number starts their march into the city. Caught in the chaos, they fight back each for their own reasons. Sonic and Zero however starts to gain memories of people and places that somehow they shouldn't know.

I decided to exclude Ichigo from the 2nd instance, as I really don't have much interest for Bleach any more.
The first episode is already on the way. It may however take a while as I'm still doing my best at getting used to Flash, its learning curve is the steepest I've ever experienced from any program.

Last edited by RumpNissen on 7/26/2013, 3:10 pm; edited 11 times in total
Spritan
Spritan

Re: Celesticlysm (Project Thread)

on 4/2/2013, 7:28 pm
can't wait to see how this cluster fuck works out.

"Fuck Bitches, Make Money, Fuck More Bitches ~ DatLife"
Current Projects: SSJ2 Gohan vs Majin Vegeta

on 4/2/2013, 7:44 pm
@RumpNissen wrote:It may however take a while as I'm still doing my best at getting used to Flash, its learning curve is the steepest I've ever experienced from any program.

really? personally i think it's one of the easiest animation programs to learn.
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 4/2/2013, 7:53 pm
@Leo wrote:
@RumpNissen wrote:It may however take a while as I'm still doing my best at getting used to Flash, its learning curve is the steepest I've ever experienced from any program.

really? personally i think it's one of the easiest animation programs to learn.

Well Leo it all depends on what version he's talking about. True, flash takes a little bit to learn, but once you've got the basics figured out it all gets SUPER easy from there. That's just with CS3 and Flash 8.

If you're using the newer ones... well, I can't say for anyone else, but I've got no idea what to do there dude.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)

on 4/2/2013, 8:53 pm
the newer versions aren't that hard to figure out either (again, IMO), it's just that they're really really messed up.
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/3/2013, 12:11 am
Whoa! This is awesome! Very elaborate! I really look forward to animating this. The posters, and the explained instances really got me hooked!

AND WELCOME BACK! I finally get to see what you're doing.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/3/2013, 10:30 am
@Crazyfilms5000 wrote:can't wait to see how this cluster fuck works out.

Me too ^^;

@Leo wrote:really? personally i think it's one of the easiest animation programs to learn.

Well, its unlike any other program I've ever used before. I've spent most of my life with programs like Photoshop, Premiere, Sony Vegas and After Effects. But I'm sure I'll get used to it.

on 4/3/2013, 2:50 pm
huh i thought you were going to have an easier time with it. oh well.

good luck!
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/3/2013, 2:54 pm
lol just from the posters this seems complicated, anyway good luck!

"Interesting sig text"

Spritan
Spritan

on 4/4/2013, 12:53 pm
Well, I've just spent two days trying to find sound effects and voice clips for the characters. It was easy enough to find voices for more popular characters like Sonic (japanese btw) and Mario. It got a bit tricky with Edward and Vegeta but... why in the hell is it such a B**** to find voices for Sanji, heck even ONE PIECE AT ALL? What's up with that? One Piece has tons of games and is one of the most popular Shonen Jump mangas ever. I've seen flashes use voice clips from the games but they never say where they got them. Please help, I've grown tired swimming in the ocean that is Google! ^^;
Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttps://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888

on 4/4/2013, 1:59 pm
I LOVE how Zero is involved in this!! I'm guessing you've played the Megaman Zero series? The same goes for Vegeta and Sanji! This is a pretty original tweak to an unoriginal idea! I like this a lot!! Lol
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/4/2013, 2:15 pm
Indeed I have played the MMZ games, never finished the 4th one though. I'm not trying to be original. My idea of a large scale crossover is to put unlikely characters together and just see how they would act and react to eachother. At the same time, having a story that involves all the characters. Usually when for example Japanese companies makes a big crossover, they have to focus the story on a couple of original characters (I'm looking at you, Namco X Capcom).
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/4/2013, 10:15 pm
But I always wonder when dealing with sprite series:
why sonic

Spritan
Spritan

on 4/5/2013, 3:07 am
Why not? The Sonic Advance and -Battle sprites has a lot of frames, are well designed, simple and easy to edit. The characters themselves are also quite easy to figure out and overall likable (some more than others, granted ^^; ).

That and... I just like the Sonic franchise. Especially the Genesis period games, I grew up with them.

BTW
Took me half an hour to write this reply, beacuase your GIF sig keeps distracting the shit out of me Acid xD
Administrator
Administrator

on 4/5/2013, 9:50 am
Newer ones are only impossible if you previously used 8 and/or CS3. Otherwise, it shouldn't be too hard. I've played around in CS5.5 and CS6, they're different, but it works out.

Adobe is doing fine with Photoshop, Fireworks and After Effects in CS3, hell, even Illustrator is pretty fine.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/7/2013, 2:17 pm
I really need some input. Since it is my first time using Flash, it feels like I don't really know what I'm doing.
So here's a preview of what I've accomplished so far, 2 finished scenes. In order to continue with the third scene, I need to know how to implement an intractable dialogue box (perhaps in style with SMBZ's). Could anyone please tell me where I learn how to do that?

on 4/7/2013, 2:31 pm
Hey! That's not half bad!

ADOPT A CHAO!!

on 4/7/2013, 4:34 pm
it was okay until the very last when the movements were all raw tweens and it looked...strange.

also, there's a topic about it here, although the code is only for as2. patt posted both versions but i'm not really sure if they do work.
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/7/2013, 6:17 pm
@SXR123 wrote:Hey! That's not half bad!

Thanks

@Leo wrote:it was okay until the very last when the movements were all raw tweens and it looked...strange.

also, there's a topic about it here, although the code is only for as2. patt posted both versions but i'm not really sure if they do work.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I'll try smoothing the tweens up. Thanks for your input.

However that thread you tipped me about apparently needs "users granted special access"

on 4/7/2013, 6:22 pm
Yeah, you don't have 100 posts...

quite the predicament. It's to make it so people who come to take things from us and leave don't do that.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/8/2013, 2:22 am
Do you know how to make dialogue boxes with the shape tool bro?

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/8/2013, 3:56 am
@SXR123 wrote:Yeah, you don't have 100 posts...

quite the predicament. It's to make it so people who come to take things from us and leave don't do that.

Uh... sure, don't worry ^^; . But could you at least give me a link outside the website? As I said, I really need it for the next scene.

@Ping wrote:Do you know how to make dialogue boxes with the shape tool bro?

Why can't I use a seperate image file, made in Photoshop? I'd prefer that.
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/8/2013, 7:11 am
you can try to do it with photoshop , no?, but anyways looks good to me :).

Spritan
Spritan

on 5/1/2013, 1:31 pm
Sorry about the lack of updates. I'm currently busy with my exam, in the shape of a six week game-project. Plenty of time to practice my pixel art and animation, less time to spend on my sprite flash.

I've finally found a working script for intractable dialogue boxes. Problem is: all animation needs to be paused for it to work, therefore I hope to find a way to have looping and scrolling animation during the dialogue boxes in the future. For now however I'm good.

Spritan
Spritan

on 7/20/2013, 12:20 pm
Yeah, no excuse for my absence this time. I just don't feel like tinkering around with Flash anymore. No matter how surprising it sounds to you, its just too messy and complicated for my liking. Therefore, no real progress could be made on the project. That is until, I finally upgraded my OS to 64x and could use GIF-animations in After Effects. That program is easier for me to handle. Since I have to start work on the first episode from scratch however, I decided I needed a breather and started on an idea for an ending sequence I've had for a long time.

Yepp, it's a re-imagining of the first FMA-series first ending sequence. I'm already working on the rest, so stay tuned ^^

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum