View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Bunch Of Unfinished Stuff

on 3/10/2013, 4:36 pm
Long time without posting here.. I even feel strange doing so.. but well, here are some of my old unfinished animations, some are extremely short and others are just bad. * SOME LACK PRELOADER*

(A try for some kind of challenge with YoshiF): http://www.fileize.com/view/94896a2f-b8c/
(Maybe you saw this on YT, it was just to test a different style): http://www.fileize.com/view/5a11169f-673/
(This was going awesome.. all I could rescue after my PC died:'c): http://www.fileize.com/view/99b1ca5a-d6b/
(Just practicing with Maple stuff): http://www.fileize.com/view/8395e69e-74b/
(This was one of my best anims of all the times, I was proud of something for first time, but I lost the .fla): http://www.fileize.com/view/72016650-716/
and this is after the battle starts (I couldn't change the scrolling BG from the first scene, I liked the combat): http://www.fileize.com/view/4232c082-e5a/
(Testing intros and some other strange effects): http://www.fileize.com/view/bf5864e4-9c6/
(Very old stuff, I was "trying" to do a scene for SXR's movie): http://www.fileize.com/view/1b21873a-176/
(Old but nice effect test): http://www.fileize.com/view/d6668648-258/
(Not sure about this one..): http://www.fileize.com/view/37736a0b-725/
(This was for another challenge with YoshiF, but now I can do better, so I'll post it): http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/b91647a2819f06d8ea0513b9d599e582
(Very very old visual tests): http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/f756ea5e3380ae3e15f13d025eb8e138
(Even older shit, when I was learning parallax and to make my scenery look better): http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/1cf9adf376efa5ea4a7eb4e022e364d8

So yeah, and from everything of this, the only thing that I really loved was the test of effects with Kizaru and the Mario vs. Sonic thingy. Well, try to enjoy! Very Happy lol

Hitlist (not organized):
Spoiler:

- xKAreloaded
- Leo (hopefully someday he'll accept)
- Dabestbrawler
- Exorz
- LightSpriter
- Leaf
- Eric
- SquirrelKidd
- NDS
- Patt (he doesn't animate anymore :'c)
- Pac-Boy (not even active)
- DestructionSeries (not even active)
- Mystah_Jayden (barely active)
- Face
- 5h0ck
- moke311
- Atomic
- Keezy

Everyone here, is considered (IMO), someone with great animation skills. So I want to battle them. Hopefully, it can happen someday.
Spritan
Spritan

Re: Bunch Of Unfinished Stuff

on 3/10/2013, 5:37 pm
Hey that mario vs vid? Howd you do that (click with mouse thing?)

View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 3/10/2013, 6:30 pm
You better put me on your list or i'm going to castrate you.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/10/2013, 6:33 pm
The mario video looked amazing!!!! Love for you to look at some of my videos and show me were I need some critic.
Administrator
Administrator

on 3/10/2013, 10:13 pm
@SXR123 wrote:You better put me on your list or i'm going to castrate you.
Mad cocky.

"Everyone here, is considered (IMO), someone with great animation skills. So I want to battle them. Hopefully, it can happen someday."

You clearly aren't someone with great animating skills.

Sucks for you bro.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/10/2013, 10:17 pm
I gotta say that I'M JELOUS D:
Seriously, you just gave me some will to animate but i have no idea of what to do on flash.
But in a way or other, i will never do something like this or i will be doing similar when everyone begin doing shit like animes or 3D movies. :U

People say if you try, you can do it.
I DID IT LIKE FREAKING 1000 TIMES AND IT DIDN'T WORK, IS THIS EVEN A JOKE? 'CAUSE I DON'T GET IT
Administrator
Administrator

on 3/10/2013, 10:34 pm
HowcanIeven...

All these have to be considered for next week's animation of the week, how will I even decide.. ;_;

[The Return]

on 3/10/2013, 10:40 pm
@Yoshi97Percent wrote:But in a way or other, i will never do something like this or i will be doing similar when everyone begin doing shit like animes or 3D movies. :U

don't say that. you'll learn faster than you think, you just need to focus.
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/11/2013, 12:24 am
Geaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!
These look fantastic (motivated me)
But what do you use to blur your stuff? looks so pretty !

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/11/2013, 6:15 am
Give it to Gear. He knows what he is doing.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/11/2013, 11:11 am
seriously text toggle with mouse.....I want to know

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/11/2013, 2:30 pm
Why.. Don't you... FINISH THEM?! (Well, the ones you can finish) :Cry: They're really good and the build up is great, then suddenly it stops Sad You're an awesome animator Very Happy but you've gotta finish some of these man! They're epic!
Administrator
Administrator

on 3/13/2013, 1:52 am
Here we go.

Goku and Gohan vs. Luffy and Chopper

Overall, very smooth, fast paced, music blended in very well. That blur for the screen change looked excellent, and even the little teleportation from Goku was a little nifty as well. A little different from what I've seen before, just speaking on teleporting.

I see you used that semi-split screen action, which was utilized well, but not to it's full potential. I feel like the use of it there was just, because you wanted to try it out, and here was the best place you could find it. However, I don't know how you decided on the box, but mathematically, I think it should be about 1/5 of the original canvas size, that way the size and dimensions look the correct ratio, although that may just be artist's preference.

Adding on to that scene there, when Gohan was powering up, he gave off a blue aura, thus blue light coming off of him. Yet, in the semi-screen, it shows Luffy and Chopper reflecting the yellow light coming off of...well, I don't know. I did see the two quick flashes, but you never showed the blue light as well. Just those two quick flashes of yellow light on to Chopper and Luffy.

Also, even right before then, it just seemed a bit akward, they landed there, and with a random somewhat of a too long pause, all of a sudden, action restarts and you see Gohan start to power up. This is actually something I noticed again, later, after Chopper and Gohan leave the scene, there is a little bit of a pause in between the punch coming from Goku. I don't know if that's just because you wanted a small pause, or if you just hadn't come to moving it over yet, since the animation is cut off shortly after.

Overall, well done job, good ideas flowing around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Practicing

I feel like the style you were going for was a style where the camera will always stay engaged in the action, slightly twirling/shifting back and forth. I'm not really sure what illusion this should cause, nor do I really know the goal of it, I'm positive that it can be used effectively however. Perhaps in cases where you meet a new enemy, or you see an extremely awesome power up, this could be good for a more cinematic scene. I don't really see how it would be useful as it is used here. It works well when there aren't things already moving in the scene, picture an action film, and imagine while they're fighting, the camera man is swaying back and forth like this. It doesn't really seem right, does it?

But, this isn't something I can say is wrong, just give an opinion on, and since it's complete artistic preference, I can't really say much more. But, I still, now trying to envision it more, picture, let's say, Sonic, powering up to Super Sonic. There's a big flash of white light that covers the screen, now, with the camera zoomed in extremely close, it would work up it's way, from feet to head, on Sonic's frame. With the slow panning vertically, and the swaying back and forth, it makes it very dramatic, foreshadowing that Super Sonic is one guy you shouldn't mess with. This would work so much better than the previous, slow pan vertically that we used to all use.

But, like I said, that's just personal thoughts.

The fight itself however, I felt was distracting because of the camera moving so much, in addition to the fast pace of the characters. The fight was animated well though, the choreograph was done well. The only problem I really saw, and maybe it's just my trained eyes, but Buu's arm seemed a bit too wide in the beginning, and showed up a little too long, I feel if the movement was quicker, the action would look even more powerful. But, might just be me.

Overall, good job once again, just, V-Cam is a bit weird here, but hey, that's why it's called a test.

-----------------------------------------------

Ryu vs. (well in the title it's blank, but clearly it's Akuma)

This is really short to really make any comments, but I'm going to try hard and really study this one to give you the best I can.

Trust me, I love the background stuff you're doing, it does add depth, it makes it seem a little more realistic, but the background here is just way too blurred. Especially since there also appears to be fog scrolling in the background. Just too much blurring in the background, especially with the simplistic ground, there's not much for the eyes to look at, making it hard to really key in on what is going on. Maybe another layer behind the ground, like small mountains would have fit really well, that way the fog runs over the mountains as well.

Nothing else really so say here, except Ryu's running sprite looks...disgusting. That run was just awful. I don't know if you misaligned, or the sheet is messed up. Also, he probably should have been skewed down more, so that his shoulders would have been more parallel to the ground.

After that part, you see Akuma, and this is a really small detail, but it literally screamed at me the moment I saw it, he's way too far up the ground. If you were to have kept Ryu running on that part of the ground, Akuma's waistline would have probably been near his Ryu's neck. I mean, I know, you could have just raised up Ryu, but then it just looks a bit too high up on the ground for me. This could just be artistic preference again, but it really just doesn't seem right if Akuma's waist would be near Ryu's neck, if it were all persistent from the previous scene.

Oh, and great song selection on this one.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Maple Stuff 1

I'm guessing the guy in the red jumpsuit isn't doing much simply because this is a test, and you didn't want to use a Sandbag, or anything near the sort. It's a little funny, since his faces are crazy. But, the close combat attacks are wonderful, seriously, amazingly animated, so fluid, natural, moves so smoothly, but all that is ruined with the guy he's hitting, not really being effected the way he should be, which would change the animation around like 100%.

AND WHAT IS UP WITH THIS BACKGROUND MAN?! I feel like you're trying to hurt people's eyes with this stuff. >.<

Mario vs. (obviously Sonic)

Whoa, this is the work I was waiting for. I can't believe you made me sit through your typical extra smooth work, and bore me with those close combat fights, and even played with my eyes with that V-Cam, blurred backgrounds, stuff even moving in the blurred backgrounds.

But, alas, this is it! This is the work I've been DYING to see from Gear. I couldn't wait to see something like this. Multiple different camera angles, more realistic approach, basically speaking about the lights casting in, the dust effects, the grass even brushing along, and even the shadow.

Except...this might have been too much for you to digest. Or, you were just so overwhelmed you didn't go back and look over some very simple weird things going on.

While this isn't something 'wrong', dust really shouldn't be flying around like that with every step that Sonic takes. If you really want it, you should at least give it a brownish, dirt, tint to it, that way it doesn't look so 'out' of it. You want these smaller details to be small, like, only really awesome people are going to notice it, and it being gray and colored the way it is, it's just asking to be seen immediately. BUT, that grass brushing with each step. OH MAN, awesome job, that's small details at it's finest. It's so small, that you literally don't even think it's animated, the animation basically comes to life with these smaller details, to the point where you just think the grass is moving because Sonic is ACTUALLY walking on this ground. This is no longer an animation at that point.

From this, you went to a camera angle behind Sonic, which came out okay. Some of the graphics were in somewhat poor quality, and they really could have used some more work, but overall, the angle was achieved well. Except, Sonic walking forward seemed a bit dragged on.

Also, the shadow, was WAY off. The shadow here is really hard to do, since the characters are under trees, you have different light sources, different amounts of refracting lights from the trees, a lot of different things to look at. But, if you hone in on just one, and this happens right when Sonic walks up to the pipe, in a regular 2D platform angle, you see a light extending from above the pipe, down past the pipe, and maybe a 45 degree angle, as if it were in the III quadrant. This means, when we are behind Sonic, the shadow should be behind him, and as he nears the pipe, the shadow should be collapsing in behind Sonic, almost until it's directly behind him, with no angle on it at all.

Now, we have a new angle, and I actually like this one, although, when Sonic says he sees a face coming up, we don't. And we have the same angle as Sonic. To even put it worse on you, Sonic shouldn't really be able to see anything in there at all, the light source, as stated above, is actually above him. So if anything, the light would have been in his eyes, assuming he was even tall enough. But, if we're going to ignore that, we have to just pay attention to the dialogue. We didn't even get to see some white eyeballs coming up at us...throw us a bone and let us feel what Sonic was too.

From here, it was really well done. The scene on the trees look very nice, and that Sonic dash, very different from things we've seen before, so great job there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Mario vs. (Sonic, but this is the battle in trees)

Very short, but a lot of action.

I liked that spinning in the ball in the beginning, it's a lot better than seeing Sonic's face rushing onto ours. Now, this is just all preference again.

When you make some parts of an animation realistic, you have to maintain that throughout the whole animation. This includes gravity, friction, air resistance, wind, force, anything like that, even the light, casting shadows, dust particles, grass brushing, all that, you have to include it all, if you're going to include some. That sounds reasonable right?

Now, I know Mario is really strong, and is able to block this slam from Sonic, but just put this into perspective. While we all know Mario can punch iron boxes, Sonic is most likely coming down at him with an extreme velocity, meaning, Mario should have probably be pushed through the trees, straight into the ground. Following a huge explosion, leaving him in the hole. However, we're going to ignore that, and just keep along. The reaction from Mario being hit, wasn't as dramatic as it could have been. That attack right there, is probably one of the hardest attacks Sonic could ever lay on anyone. So Mario should have been skewed/resized so much, that he could have looked flat! But, that's just all personal preference, I mean, I'm just saying, if you were so realistic throughout the animation, this should be too. Because Sonic laid a very hard hit on Mario, but you toned it down so much by the reaction.

Overall though, the fighting is very interesting, perhaps one of the best animations I've seen in a while.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasuke vs. (guessing Zoro...)

I like the cinematic look this all, but to really cap it of you need a very nice background, with some dirt grounds, maybe a building too. That would really make this look nice, the black background doesn't really flow for a cinematic view, except for The Spritas, and your name. Which do look pretty nice. Though, the effect you used on your name still has that box around it, and it makes it look a little messy, I would open each sprite from the symbol, get it in Photoshop, and just use the eraser to feather some of that box out, give it more of a oval shape.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

SXR's Movie Scene Thing

Well, not much to say here...like, literally nothing actually. Except the easing on Goku before he kicks Sonic is WAY too high. He looks like he was walking on ice.

Flow Test

Not really sure what this test was...it was him walking, and then an effect. I'm confused Gear. You hyped me up with that Mario vs. Sonic, and you're starting to lose me again. >:[

Unknown

I'm not really sure about this either. Except, I'll give you some thing here, the close combat is pretty nice. Deft, clear, concise motions, very crisp and strike the enemy well. Good job.

Vegito vs. Zoro vs. thatotherguyican'tremember

OH MAN, YOU RUINED IT! UGH.

I was seriously expecting perhaps the best sword fighting sprite animation, and then you brought in Vegito, which seriously ruined it. You animate perhaps the best close combat fighting from people that I've seen right now, and I after seeing that first hit landing by Zoro, I got really excited. I know how you are with your close combat fighting. But...then you brought in Vegito, which threw it all off.

Because seriously, it was going really, really well.

Why...

Test 1 - Visuals

The overall lighting and all is nice, but the houses should probably be darker on our side. Since we're looking at the light source, there's no light on our side, thus, it should be really dark, maybe even 80% black. That being said, Naruto is shown with a little bit of light reflecting onto him, but there is a building in front of him. So there shouldn't be any light on him either.

Scrolling BG thing

Nothing really to say here, you've obviously mastered this already.

DANG, that took me about two and half hours. I had to rewatch, type, rewatch, type, dang. Sorry if some of my grammar is horrible, it's 2:48 AM, and I don't know if I'm speaking correct English or not.

But, hey, it feels good to be back like this. Reviewing my boy Gear, except this time he's 1000 times better than he was before, and even has surpassed me. I had a lot of fun watching these Gear, I wish you had put them in order of when you were making them, that way I could see the progress in between each animation.

This was great though, thanks a lot for sharing. I had fun watching, had a great time reviewing, and it just really took me back to when I did longer reviews like this for people in the past. It was a pleasure.

Also, sorry the last few are so short, as you said, they're much older, and you probably know what to fix by now. I tried to make some feedback on them, but they're also so short not much can even be said. Also, it's seriously almost 3:00 AM and I have school tomorrow, so I kind of can't try and watch it a million times to figure stuff out in it. But, I tried my best, okay.

Thanks for the upload man, it was great.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/27/2013, 6:46 pm
@Face wrote:Hey that mario vs vid? Howd you do that (click with mouse thing?)
Oh. It's a button with alpha, with some actionscript (click to play).

@SXR123 wrote:You better put me on your list or i'm going to castrate you.
I'll add you. And you better get that ass ready.

@TheGensis wrote:The mario video looked amazing!!!! Love for you to look at some of my videos and show me were I need some critic.
Thanks pal. I'll watch and review your vids n_n.

LOL Patt.

@Yoshi97Percent wrote:I gotta say that I'M JELOUS D:
Seriously, you just gave me some will to animate but i have no idea of what to do on flash.
But in a way or other, i will never do something like this or i will be doing similar when everyone begin doing shit like animes or 3D movies. :U
Don't be. Catch me up in Skype: gearichard. And I'll give you some tips if you want so.
You can man, like Leo said, is just a matter of practice. Keep at it, and you'll be awesome in no time.

@Patt wrote:HowcanIeven...

All these have to be considered for next week's animation of the week, how will I even decide.. ;_;
Lol, you're overreacting man.

@Mistah_Jayden wrote:Geaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!
These look fantastic (motivated me)
But what do you use to blur your stuff? looks so pretty !
Jayden <3 so long time man! I'm glad I motivated you Very Happy. And well, I just blur it on GIMP or PS, at high rates and import it (also, I always put the quality to 100, dunno if everyone else does..). Oh, and sometimes I click on "allow smoothing" with the blurred stuff, it looks better.

@NS01 wrote:Give it to Gear. He knows what he is doing.
Thanks bro! Oh guys, you're making me blush lol.

@Shady Shadow wrote:Why.. Don't you... FINISH THEM?! (Well, the ones you can finish) :Cry: They're really good and the build up is great, then suddenly it stops Sad You're an awesome animator Very Happy but you've gotta finish some of these man! They're epic!
Wow man, thank you. I appreciate those words. And I'm actually trying harder this time, maybe soon you'll see something completed from me Wink.

Patt.. I.. can't thank you enough. Seriously.. such amazing reviews.. always helping me to get better :').
And yeah man, I'm glad to have you back on this site, doing such awesome critics. You were needed. And you're right, that was the main idea, to organize those, but then I realize that I didn't have the way to do it.
And no, thank YOU. I hope I can keep counting with you to review my work. I'll always need it.

Hitlist (not organized):
Spoiler:

- xKAreloaded
- Leo (hopefully someday he'll accept)
- Dabestbrawler
- Exorz
- LightSpriter
- Leaf
- Eric
- SquirrelKidd
- NDS
- Patt (he doesn't animate anymore :'c)
- Pac-Boy (not even active)
- DestructionSeries (not even active)
- Mystah_Jayden (barely active)
- Face
- 5h0ck
- moke311
- Atomic
- Keezy

Everyone here, is considered (IMO), someone with great animation skills. So I want to battle them. Hopefully, it can happen someday.
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/28/2013, 3:54 am
Ok, Patt.

Ok.
You think you can just get all big and review the boy's animations like that, making them big reviews.

But I can make an even bigger one.

*opens up word*

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Administrator
Administrator

on 3/28/2013, 6:56 pm
Lol, battle of the reviews. O_o

And no problem Gear brotha, always gonna try and get your back.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/28/2013, 8:17 pm
I miss animating. I gotta try and get Flash 8 Pro back on my computer asap.

MADE BY KNUX184!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
R.I.P. Tre' & Uncle Riece
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum