View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.facebook.com/TJTrollberry

Re: Aege vs Frost

on 2/11/2013, 4:52 pm
@Ping wrote:Ah! Wonderful! Plenty of good work here.

There's a nice mood to the battle. A rapid fight between them. The blocks flying in the masked portion of the animation. Aege jumping on Frost's head, Frost destroying's Aege's leaf he attempted to capture. It's funny. Get's a nice chuckle to the audience. I like it.

Your animation is lengthy! I can remember how you've animated a sprite battle before. This is a huge improvement, and tells me you can endure animating a long speedy fight between two original characters with crazy abilities. Maintaining that originality in them and forming ideas of what to do with it takes time, I know that. Great job.

Your effects are pleasantly good. What I liked is the self-created ones you made. The burn after effect of the trail Frost made was thoughtful for it. What I liked more was the trail effects. You're so much better than you were at making them. Another huge improvement.

An overall acknowledgement of this animation was practically everything you've animated. I haven't seen you animate in a while. All practice of principles and the sense of animating have greatly sharperned since the last time I seen an animation from you. The huge gap of that is very wide if you consider how long I've been gone.
>.>

Great job. I'm proud to say you've improved your animating. You're a swell animator, my bro.
oh my god... i got another Ping Review... it's been so long... it's beautiful Surprised it's like a four day early birthday present!
Sieghart wrote:ping quit trying to lure everyone into a false sense of security before you leave forever again
stfu! >:C if he leaves again i'll cut you up
@Face wrote:
@Leaf wrote:
@Face wrote:got to say that was pretty damn good.never knew you were that good.
o: i didn't know you looked at my stuff
Yea I watch all my spritan bros vids. Anyway Im very interested in that (sword trails ) How'd you do it?
i'll make a tutorial about how to do it this weekend. it's really easy. i'd do it now but i have a bunch of homework to do
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/11/2013, 5:16 pm
@Face wrote:
Saulgp wrote:
@Leaf wrote:Fml. I already finished this sorta and I'm in the process of converting it... I'll try that tomorrow and post a screenshot.
Wait, you mean convert it into a video, in that case use Swivel
You welcome bud. C:
I need to know how to adjust that thing it made some of my sprites blurry as hell
Quality = Low

Administrator
Administrator

on 2/12/2013, 5:51 pm
Ooooh, very nice.

NOW THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. THANK YOU. SOMETHING TO FINALLY HONESTLY REVIEW.

There are two things that would make this animation from above average, to slightly above good. (On a fairly strict scale.) With some work on the V-Cam, focusing heavily on what is actually going, rather than catching the fight in addition to some random parts in the background. Sounds. The sounds that could be added to this would turn this into something great man.

The thing that I felt really worked for this animation, is the very accurate synchronization between the animation and the music. This makes your animation appear to be symbiotic with the music, and can give a whole different feel to the animation. With the proper synching, you drag in the audience in two different ways, a visual way, and the hearing way. This combined, creates a very interesting void of the audience being locked in, and paying heavy attention to what is going on.

The thing that I felt didn't work for this animation, is the use of Aege. I'm sorry, and I really don't want to compare you to the master of Aege, but, as DS has shown, Aege has a lot more in his bag then this. As Ping may have said he liked your effects that you used for Aege, they were inconsistent. The effects varied in magnitude, and sometimes the direction was off. You have to have this be constant, because otherwise it will not fulfill the effect that you want. You should make one arrow, and have that one be the arrow for the entire animation.

The masking part in the top right is well executed, but also you need to either dim the lights in the full animation slightly, or put a barrier around the masked box so that it is more clear to the audience. Someone seriously might not catch that when watching this animation because there's a lot going on in the actual part with Aege kicking and punching those blocks.

Lastly, the last punch that I remember, the masked one. With the circle increasing in circumference was well done, but seemed weird. I'm unsure if it was done that way to sync with the music, but it just looked a bit weird with me. However, it did sync with the music, so maybe it was just simply the way you animated it. I really don't know.

Overall, you have really improved. Like, it's kind of scary. I just wish I was here to watch it all happen. I wish I was here to help you improve as well. The animation is interesting and fast-paced, well kept with the music, and visual appealing. I really like what you've done here. Well done, Leaf.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.facebook.com/TJTrollberry

on 2/14/2013, 5:50 pm
PARIHGAPEPUHPRHGOIAPDRGJAERGS I got a Patt review too?! It's like Christmas in February Surprised
@Patt wrote:With some work on the V-Cam, focusing heavily on what is actually going, rather than catching the fight in addition to some random parts in the background.
I'll try that with the next flash i make
@Patt wrote: Sounds. The sounds that could be added to this would turn this into something great man.
.......don't check out the final product ;-;
@Patt wrote:The thing that I felt really worked for this animation, is the very accurate synchronization between the animation and the music. This makes your animation appear to be symbiotic with the music, and can give a whole different feel to the animation. With the proper synching, you drag in the audience in two different ways, a visual way, and the hearing way. This combined, creates a very interesting void of the audience being locked in, and paying heavy attention to what is going on.
So i did it right Derp? I've been trying to do that at some point in every flash i make, and it turned out best in this one so i'm proud of that c:
@Patt wrote:As Ping may have said he liked your effects that you used for Aege, they were inconsistent. The effects varied in magnitude, and sometimes the direction was off. You have to have this be constant, because otherwise it will not fulfill the effect that you want. You should make one arrow, and have that one be the arrow for the entire animation.
I used one arrow, but i guess that making it skinny in some points of the flash kinda threw it off :/ i'll try to not do that next time
@Patt wrote:Lastly, the last punch that I remember, the masked one. With the circle increasing in circumference was well done, but seemed weird. I'm unsure if it was done that way to sync with the music, but it just looked a bit weird with me. However, it did sync with the music, so maybe it was just simply the way you animated it. I really don't know.
Yeah, i was trying to sync it with the music, but i guess that's one of the few things that don't go well when put to music, or at least not the way i did it xP my bad
@Patt wrote:Overall, you have really improved. Like, it's kind of scary. I just wish I was here to watch it all happen. I wish I was here to help you improve as well. The animation is interesting and fast-paced, well kept with the music, and visual appealing. I really like what you've done here. Well done, Leaf.
Thanks Patt Derp?

Administrator
Administrator

on 2/14/2013, 6:54 pm
No problem man! Always here to help. :]

[The Return]
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum