View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Re: the shotokan Master....

on 3/21/2013, 3:24 pm
Using 8 bit sprites llmaoo nice

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/21/2013, 6:39 pm
@Leo wrote:
@darkdragon581 wrote:this is pretty good, just please, for the love of god, don't rotate the camera, or at least not that much, it just kills me to see that.

so you still hate that, huh

i feel it ruins the balance of an animation if done incorrectly, there are remote situations where it adds to the experience, but other than that, for arcade style pixels fighting on a 1 dimensional stage, it just seems like bad camera work.

imagine you are watching a news broadcast, and the camera man started tilting the camera to the left, you'd be confused as hell because it's not suppose to do that.

when you play a game like street fighter for instance, the camera never tilts because it distracts from what's going on.

rotating camera isn't the only commonly made animation faux pas,

when i see a camera that moves around far too much, that annoys me just as much, you just need to think of the camera for your animation, like someone is actually filming it, not like it's just some computer doing crazy twists and spins just because it looks funny.

.....okay..that's all, sorry that is a bit longer then I intended it to be.

on 3/21/2013, 8:44 pm
don't be sorry, it's a good post
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/21/2013, 11:09 pm
Nah, I think he has made a point. On a one dimensional stage, there isn't much to really capture on camera or even shake when there's a whole fight scene going on. I mean sure, you can shake the camera for whatsoever reason there is to, like for a punch, or for a big attack. I wouldn't really go fancy with it unless I'm doing something that'll stand out.

Usually, if I'm animating in a different perspective, I'll capture whatever is going on, zoom in on the action or whatever is suspenseful to give a thrill to the audience. If I rotate the camera in any way, it'll most likely be for a dramatic scene, like something in slow motion, but it'll definitely be in a different angle with depth; animating sprites with the z-axis, and in a different perspective.
On a 1 dimensional plaine, you're limited to doing that unless you implement depth onto the field and capture that with the camera. Then, you're open to do something fancy, and not just let it sit there with simple 2D animation right there in the camera's view. We all know, for sure, that we've watched sprite animators zoom in or pan the camera uneccesarily plenty of times. Though stepping out of that 2D boundary, the camera's focus on the depth in the field allows you to do more than just let it shake. You can zoom in, rotate, pan deeper, without feeling that it is unnecessary. It's something to really get into, and I don't mean you should go into After Effects just to do it all. I, for one, would do this in Adobe Flash and open Photoshop to make my original content. Edit my BG -or make one-, make more sprites, and work hard to make the idea and action happen. This way I can be more original and creative than allowing easy help with After Effects to do the hard work for me, even if it's for a 5 second shot. Real hard work pays off. DarkDragon knows this just by creating his own effects. Likewise, you can create your own sprites, and make the BGs for a shot in the animation, and most of all, utilize the camera in the field out of 2D.

Just saying though.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/22/2013, 9:06 am
While I can see how cam angling can be bad I also can see how it adds to the fight. Like it shows the perspective of the chars....How they see the fight. like there eye movement.

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/22/2013, 11:13 am
That helps too. You did good with the camera in this one.

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/27/2013, 6:48 pm
Really fucking nice. That was some serious action, you barely animate those kind of sprites (or at least of what you make public) and it seems like you can easily handle them. I hope to see more of this.

Hitlist (not organized):
Spoiler:

- xKAreloaded
- Leo (hopefully someday he'll accept)
- Dabestbrawler
- Exorz
- LightSpriter
- Leaf
- Eric
- SquirrelKidd
- NDS
- Patt (he doesn't animate anymore :'c)
- Pac-Boy (not even active)
- DestructionSeries (not even active)
- Mystah_Jayden (barely active)
- Face
- 5h0ck
- moke311
- Atomic
- Keezy

Everyone here, is considered (IMO), someone with great animation skills. So I want to battle them. Hopefully, it can happen someday.
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/27/2013, 10:26 pm
I was working on it but I stopped....for now.

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/28/2013, 3:55 am
You'll get back into the game though Cool

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/28/2013, 7:27 am
yea but I got A spark to work on something else...

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/28/2013, 12:08 pm
finally? :3 do it Face, DO IT

Current projects:
Kirbacus vs Hiryo 30% Kirbacus vs Link 50%
Guardian's revenge 40% Rio vs Zeke 10%
Hiryo's Quest 2 10% Special vid 70%
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/28/2013, 1:12 pm
LOL sorry to keep you waiting...I wont disappoint Again.

Updates will be posted on my W.I.P thread.

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/28/2013, 10:36 pm
Lol, "Bitch, please"

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/28/2013, 10:39 pm
oh hey ping I think you missed that vid huh?

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/28/2013, 10:41 pm
Maybe :/ I've been gone for a while, you probably made tons already. You going to work on Inu more?

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/28/2013, 10:43 pm
yea,got 2 vids with him in the works

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/28/2013, 10:46 pm
You gotta let me voice act him bro. I definitely want to get back into it

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/28/2013, 10:51 pm
ok I'll get with you soon

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum