Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Apocalypse Please

on 6/20/2012, 3:00 pm





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Apocalypse Please

on 6/20/2012, 3:01 pm
what the fcuk is that?





"Interesting sig text"

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Apocalypse Please

on 6/20/2012, 4:18 pm
declare this an emergency
come on and spread a sense of urgency
and pull us through
and pull us through
and this is the end
this is the end of the world

it's time we saw a miracle
come on it's time for something biblical
to pull us through
and pull us through
and this is the end
this is the end of the world

proclaim eternal victory
come on and change the course of history
and pull us through
and pull us through
and this is the end
this is the end of the world





Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Apocalypse Please

on 6/20/2012, 5:47 pm
I framed by framed this animation. I will tell you my opinion (although I'm almost sure you won't give a fuck about it)
I think it's a bit choppy because:
- In some sections you kept the same pose two/three consecutive frames, my anims are not smooth but I try to make them more fluid moving/skewing every single frame. You'll maybe want to try that.
- You overused the blur, is not overused, but the blur must be something so slight, barely noticeable. You used it various times and most of them wrong. Like when Gyamon dodges the hit.
- You need to work on the characters reflexes and in applying some physics. When Gyamon jumps upon Guy you made him stop in the air and attack. That doesn't look right, if he's jumping he's applying force and he must be dragging Guy with him advancing a little more further. Other thing, when Guy gets the claw attack he remains in the same pose two frames, then he's suddenly laying on the ground, you gotta add some more reflexes to it, some more life, you must see how he falls down and how he gets his hurt body into the ground. The jump after that was useless, it doesn't had a purpose on it, you could simply add other frames when he's accommodating to his fight stance. When Guy gets up you just used the jump sprite frame and rotated it with some blur, it looks wrong too. The motion trail effect was a nice touch, it was okay but to me it needs to be longer with some blur to apparent some more speed. When Gyamon's kicked you just pushed the damage sprite pose to the left and rotate it a lil' and in the slow motion it remained in the same place.. it is slow motion? then if it is the things around keep moving, just more slowly.
- To finish, the lightning effects that you used, some of the frames look weird and out of place. It wasn't you the one that gave a huge package of nice effects? If you don't have, you can always ask for some dude. I guess that's all that I saw wrong in this.
Hope this helps a bit Joey.. Keep it up.





Hitlist (not organized):
Spoiler:

- xKAreloaded
- Leo (hopefully someday he'll accept)
- Dabestbrawler
- Exorz
- LightSpriter
- Leaf
- Eric
- SquirrelKidd
- NDS
- Patt (he doesn't animate anymore :'c)
- Pac-Boy (not even active)
- DestructionSeries (not even active)
- Mystah_Jayden (barely active)
- Face
- 5h0ck
- moke311
- Atomic
- Keezy

Everyone here, is considered (IMO), someone with great animation skills. So I want to battle them. Hopefully, it can happen someday.
avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Apocalypse Please

on 6/20/2012, 6:05 pm
@GEARichard wrote:
I think it's a bit choppy because:
- In some sections you kept the same pose two/three consecutive frames, my anims are not smooth but I try to make them more fluid moving/skewing every single frame. You'll maybe want to try that.
Maybe I won't because using skew to substitute as motion is bad and there is nothing wrong for extending a pose over one frame and I cannot believe you even wanted to imply it was.
@GEARichard wrote:
- You overused the blur, is not overused, but the blur must be something so slight, barely noticeable. You used it various times and most of them wrong. Like when Gyamon dodges the hit.
I only used blurs in places where they wouldn't stand out so they wouldn't distract from the animation. It's impossible to use a blur "wrong".
@GEARichard wrote:
- You need to work on the characters reflexes and in applying some physics. When Gyamon jumps upon Guy you made him stop in the air and attack. That doesn't look right, if he's jumping he's applying force and he must be dragging Guy with him advancing a little more further. Other thing, when Guy gets the claw attack he remains in the same pose two frames, then he's suddenly laying on the ground, you gotta add some more reflexes to it, some more life, you must see how he falls down and how he gets his hurt body into the ground. The jump after that was useless, it doesn't had a purpose on it, you could simply add other frames when he's accommodating to his fight stance. When Guy gets up you just used the jump sprite frame and rotated it with some blur, it looks wrong too. The motion trail effect was a nice touch, it was okay but to me it needs to be longer with some blur to apparent some more speed. When Gyamon's kicked you just pushed the damage sprite pose to the left and rotate it a lil' and in the slow motion it remained in the same place.. it is slow motion? then if it is the things around keep moving, just more slowly.
1. No, he kept falling even while attacking Guy.
2.This runs at 30 fps so I have to extend the frames otherwise it would be really choppy because you can't hold something for one entire frame without it being really jumpy from one pose to the next.
3. That wasn't a jump, he was turning around as that was the only pose that shows him getting out of that stance available.
4. Seriously, stop using the word "wrong", it's horribly in-descriptive, use the word "unnatural" or something to that effect.
5. There was no motion trail so I have no idea what you're talking about.
6. ????? None of that really made sense but okay.
@GEARichard wrote:
- To finish, the lightning effects that you used, some of the frames look weird and out of place. It wasn't you the one that gave a huge package of nice effects? If you don't have, you can always ask for some dude. I guess that's all that I saw wrong in this.
I'm low on effects and tend to not download any at all.
@GEARichard wrote:Hope this helps a bit Joey.. Keep it up.
Thanks, I'll take your criticisms to heart and improve on some things.





Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Apocalypse Please

on 6/20/2012, 6:37 pm
Mami-San wrote:Maybe I won't because using skew to substitute as motion is bad and there is nothing wrong for extending a pose over one frame and I cannot believe you even wanted to imply it was.
I didn't said that.. I meant that is the way you used it..

Mami-San wrote:I only used blurs in places where they wouldn't stand out so they wouldn't distract from the animation. It's impossible to use a blur "wrong".
Had you ever heard the phrase "nothing is impossible"? You just made the blur look awful. You don't need to look for a space to put the blur, you just put it when it's needed and at the time that's needed.

Mami-San wrote:1. No, he kept falling even while attacking Guy.
2.This runs at 30 fps so I have to extend the frames otherwise it would be really choppy because you can't hold something for one entire frame without it being really jumpy from one pose to the next.
3. That wasn't a jump, he was turning around as that was the only pose that shows him getting out of that stance available.
4. Seriously, stop using the word "wrong", it's horribly in-descriptive, use the word "unnatural" or something to that effect.
5. There was no motion trail so I have no idea what you're talking about.
6. ????? None of that really made sense but okay.
1. You didn't ease it. He just stopped in the air, wow nice magic trick.
2. I usually work at 40 just so you know. And you don't have to do that, it looks more jumpy that way. Just choose the correct poses and add some movement to it.
3. Just what I said up ^^^ also.. if it wasn't a jump then it was misaligned.. I saw him going up..
4. Sloppy, choppy, awful, unnatural. Is the same.. you understood it.. didn't you?
5. The fuck.. I don't know how to call it. The yellow trail of the hit. That effect.
6. What doesn't make sense? The slow motion was bad-butt looking. I'm pretty sure you got the point.

Mami-San wrote:I'm low on effects and tend to not download any at all.
Suit yourself. But the effects are just as necessary as the sprites.

Mami-San wrote:Thanks, I'll take your criticisms to heart and improve on some things.
You're welcome. Good to hear that. Just try to practice what you.. could understand?..
BTW sorry, I need to polish my English. It's not fluid at all..





Hitlist (not organized):
Spoiler:

- xKAreloaded
- Leo (hopefully someday he'll accept)
- Dabestbrawler
- Exorz
- LightSpriter
- Leaf
- Eric
- SquirrelKidd
- NDS
- Patt (he doesn't animate anymore :'c)
- Pac-Boy (not even active)
- DestructionSeries (not even active)
- Mystah_Jayden (barely active)
- Face
- 5h0ck
- moke311
- Atomic
- Keezy

Everyone here, is considered (IMO), someone with great animation skills. So I want to battle them. Hopefully, it can happen someday.
avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Apocalypse Please

on 6/20/2012, 7:01 pm
@GEARichard wrote:
Mami-San wrote:Maybe I won't because using skew to substitute as motion is bad and there is nothing wrong for extending a pose over one frame and I cannot believe you even wanted to imply it was.
I didn't said that.. I meant that is the way you used it..
Lol I didn't even use it in the first place
@GEARichard wrote:
Mami-San wrote:I only used blurs in places where they wouldn't stand out so they wouldn't distract from the animation. It's impossible to use a blur "wrong".
Had you ever heard the phrase "nothing is impossible"? You just made the blur look awful. You don't need to look for a space to put the blur, you just put it when it's needed and at the time that's needed.
nope.
@GEARichard wrote:
Mami-San wrote:1. No, he kept falling even while attacking Guy.
2.This runs at 30 fps so I have to extend the frames otherwise it would be really choppy because you can't hold something for one entire frame without it being really jumpy from one pose to the next.
3. That wasn't a jump, he was turning around as that was the only pose that shows him getting out of that stance available.
4. Seriously, stop using the word "wrong", it's horribly in-descriptive, use the word "unnatural" or something to that effect.
5. There was no motion trail so I have no idea what you're talking about.
6. ????? None of that really made sense but okay.
1. You didn't ease it. He just stopped in the air, wow nice magic trick.
2. I usually work at 40 just so you know. And you don't have to do that, it looks more jumpy that way. Just choose the correct poses and add some movement to it.
3. Just what I said up ^^^ also.. if it wasn't a jump then it was misaligned.. I saw him going up..
4. Sloppy, choppy, awful, unnatural. Is the same.. you understood it.. didn't you?
5. The fuck.. I don't know how to call it. The yellow trail of the hit. That effect.
6. What doesn't make sense? The slow motion was bad-butt looking. I'm pretty sure you got the point.
1.It wasn't a tween and he didn't stop.
2.I've never seen your animations but doing that is a bad.
3.Of course he was going up, he was hunched over and then he stood up.
4.lolno
5.Sword streak, and it was bad.
6. No that didn't make sense...
@GEARichard wrote:
Mami-San wrote:I'm low on effects and tend to not download any at all.
Suit yourself. But the effects are just as necessary as the sprites.
BLASPHEMY
@GEARichard wrote:
Mami-San wrote:Thanks, I'll take your criticisms to heart and improve on some things.
You're welcome. Good to hear that. Just try to practice what you.. could understand?..
BTW sorry, I need to polish my English. It's not fluid at all..
[/quote]
Idunno I think your Engrish is pretty good.





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Apocalypse Please

on 6/20/2012, 8:34 pm
lol it was decent.





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Apocalypse Please

on 6/20/2012, 9:38 pm
Spoiler:
Mami-San wrote:declare this an emergency
come on and spread a sense of urgency
and pull us through
and pull us through
and this is the end
this is the end of the world

it's time we saw a miracle
come on it's time for something biblical
to pull us through
and pull us through
and this is the end
this is the end of the world

proclaim eternal victory
come on and change the course of history
and pull us through
and pull us through
and this is the end
this is the end of the world
Them Muse lyrics.





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Apocalypse Please

on 6/21/2012, 6:22 pm
hah. looks like everyone's doing a draglade thing now Very Happy U should pick this back up, and u know...add more....and you kno....finish it... Surprised
avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Apocalypse Please

on 6/23/2012, 7:16 pm
Or not.
Yeah not likely.





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Apocalypse Please

on 6/23/2012, 8:23 pm
Aw man I was gonna do those characters... Crying or Very sad
Nice animation though, just add some more action and We'll be rolling :)





The Unstoppable Ala Rubra

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum