• HomeHome  
  • Forums  
  • MemberlistMemberlist  
  •  
  • FAQFAQ  
  • SearchSearch  
  • UsergroupsUsergroups  
  • RegisterRegister  

• This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 3DS - WiiU

Post by twinsplayknight on 9/12/2013, 5:08 pm

well they had to make them sometime
    twinsplayknight
    No Rank
    No Rank

Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2013-09-03

View user profile twinsplayknight
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 9/12/2013, 5:16 pm

That doesn't mean they have to show us them

I wouldn't mind if we were getting more regular updates, like commentaries on thier movesets or changes from the last game, but it's literally a bunch of screenshots. We haven't had a newcomer reveal since E3. I'm sure Brawl had at least one new character reveal by this point.

At least a Sonic update is likely for October with Lost World's release, but with Wind Waker also being released around that time I wouldn't be surprisd if we got Zelda or Toon Link (Please give him his own unique moveset at least, Sakurai - it's not like Wind Waker lacks content)

BlitznBurst
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Number of posts : 4898
    Registration date : 2011-01-15

View user profile
    Guru of Knowledge
    Guru of Knowledge

Post by Mr Lange on 9/12/2013, 6:54 pm

Toon Link isn't coming back. If they have another Link clone it'll probably be the LttP 2 Link. They already made the distinction of Toon Link no longer being part of the roster by making him a stage prop.

Mr Lange
    Guru of Knowledge
    Guru of Knowledge

Number of posts : 1576
    Registration date : 2010-04-19

View user profile greatlange
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 9/12/2013, 7:10 pm

@Mr Lange wrote:Toon Link isn't coming back. If they have another Link clone it'll probably be the LttP 2 Link. They already made the distinction of Toon Link no longer being part of the roster by making him a stage prop.
    Toon Link is coming back, as are all veterans

Or rather, Toon Link is planned to come back but could very well end up not making the final cut like Dr Mario in Brawl. It's all down to priorities and time constraints. He's definitely one of the more likely veterans to be cut, but Wind Waker HD boosts his chances a lot. Wind Waker Link is one of the most popular characters in Japan, and Toon Zelda is by far the most requested Zelda newcomer over there. Toon Link's chances are at least plausible.

BlitznBurst
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

View user profile
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Granadico on 9/12/2013, 7:53 pm

thank christ. i hated toon link

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
    But those days are gone
    We can hope for the future
    But there may not be one
    -Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
    Granadico
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 12933
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Granadico Granadico https://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

Post by BDB on 9/12/2013, 8:07 pm

@BlitznBurst wrote:
    @Mr Lange wrote:Toon Link isn't coming back. If they have another Link clone it'll probably be the LttP 2 Link. They already made the distinction of Toon Link no longer being part of the roster by making him a stage prop.

Or rather, Toon Link is planned to come back but could very well end up not making the final cut like Dr Mario in Brawl. It's all down to priorities and time constraints. He's definitely one of the more likely veterans to be cut, but Wind Waker HD boosts his chances a lot. Wind Waker Link is one of the most popular characters in Japan, and Toon Zelda is by far the most requested Zelda newcomer over there. Toon Link's chances are at least plausible.
    I highly doubt they would have him as a prop AND a character. Wind Waker HD doesn't really boost his chances either.

BDB

Number of posts : 3509
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile
    Guru of Knowledge
    Guru of Knowledge

Post by Mr Lange on 9/12/2013, 9:05 pm

@BlitznBurst wrote:

Toon Link isn't a veteran dumbass, he's a newcomer like Wolf and Rob, who are also most likely going to be cut. With Young Link being replaced by Toon Link, they will probably continue the pattern by replacing Toon Link with another Link clone iteration, likely LttP 2 Link. Toon Link is a stage prop now. They've made his place in the game clear.

Mr Lange
    Guru of Knowledge
    Guru of Knowledge

Number of posts : 1576
    Registration date : 2010-04-19

View user profile greatlange

Post by BDB on 9/12/2013, 9:11 pm

God I hope they don't make another Link clone, so pointless.

BDB

View user profile
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Granadico on 9/12/2013, 9:14 pm

just bring back normal young link ;~;

made by Knux184

But those days are gone
    But there may not be one
    Granadico
    Administrator
    Administrator

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Granadico Granadico https://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1

Post by 『Joshl92』 on 9/12/2013, 9:36 pm

They should just bring back Young link and give him a moveset based around Majora's Mask.
    『Joshl92』
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1

Number of posts : 228
    Registration date : 2009-03-04

View user profile

Post by BDB on 9/12/2013, 9:58 pm

Or they could just have Link and add a new character.

BDB

View user profile
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Granadico on 9/12/2013, 10:08 pm

but Young Link was a vital character. not all LoZ games Link is an adult.

made by Knux184

But those days are gone
    But there may not be one
    Granadico
    Administrator
    Administrator

Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 9/13/2013, 12:04 pm

@Mr Lange wrote:
    @BlitznBurst wrote:

Toon Link isn't a veteran dumbass, he's a newcomer like Wolf and Rob, who are also most likely going to be cut. With Young Link being replaced by Toon Link, they will probably continue the pattern by replacing Toon Link with another Link clone iteration, likely LttP 2 Link. Toon Link is a stage prop now. They've made his place in the game clear.
    I meant Brawl veteran. If you want to be pedantic about it then I'll rephrase it. No character is planned to be cut. Every character from Brawl is in the game, whether they're finished or still in the conceptual stages and incredibly low-priority, enough to not be finished in time for the release. Sakurai has stated this personally. There's also the fact that Toon Zelda was planned to be in Brawl as well, and as I've already said is by far the most requested Zelda character in Japan. Wind Waker is really liked by the people over there, Toon Link has a massive following, and if Sakurai thought Toon Zelda was worth adding to Brawl then there's nothing stopping him from adding her this time around. Wind Waker HD's release boosts their chances a lot as well, especially considering how the game has actually been getting more publicity than A link Between Worlds, for some bizarre reason (probably because it's a console game instead of a handheld game). And unlike the change from Young Link to Toon Link, Toon Link has the advantage of still being in a recent game, whereas Young Link was completely irrelevant by that point. Spirit Tracks Link appearing in the train stage doesn't matter any more than the Outset Link trophy in Brawl, which was also cel-shaded like the rest of the Wind Waker characters instead of just having cartoonier proportions like the actual Toon Link. They're treated as different, and in the case of Spirit Tracks link, he actually is completely different, since he isn't the same Link from Wind Waker and doesn't even have the same design.

Kepe in mind i'm not even arguing whether or not he should be in the game - that's irrelevant, and if you'd like to know I personally think he shouldn't have been in Brawl in the first place. But there's no objective scale of should vs shouldn't, and you have no idea what the Smash team think of certain characters. Nothing is a guarantee (unless it's fucking retarded, like the people who still think Geno still has a shot at getting in) and personally I think Lucas has a bigger chance of getting cut for the game, if only to make room for Porky (who was in Earthbound, which was recently released on the Virtual Console and had a lot of hype and a massive fanbase, as opposed to Lucas, who was in the less-popular sequel that wasn't even released in America) but Sakurai's opinions on character cuts are kind of dashing my hopes for any character "replacements"

And Granny you really seem unreasonably biased against Toon Link. Yeah he sucked (as a character, not a fighter - as a fighter he was so much better than regular Link and my second main next to Wolf) but no more than Young Link did - Toon Link actually has the advantage of being a different character from Link and having more to differentiate from him than "the same but younger" and actually has a potentially unique moveset despite that potential not being reached at all. Young Link may have been a vital character, but so is Toon Link, so it's kind of a moot point. And

joshl92 wrote:They should just bring back Young link and give him a moveset based around Majora's Mask.
    This is a stupid idea. Majora's Mask was ten years ago, is more of a cult classic than universally loved by Zelda fans, and also has Skull Kid, a character who isn't another version of the main character. If there was a Majora's Mask remake, then sure, but they passed that opportunity up. It's not happening.

BlitznBurst
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

View user profile
    Freshman Spritan Lv 3
    Freshman Spritan Lv 3

Post by Saul on 9/13/2013, 4:27 pm

I like Toon Link, at least he's not just a younger version of regular Link.

Saul
    Freshman Spritan Lv 3
    Freshman Spritan Lv 3

Number of posts : 2676
    Registration date : 2012-02-04

View user profile
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 9/13/2013, 5:11 pm

I mostly don't mind his inclusion because he's my best fighter, but I still have to question why he was added in the first place.

BlitznBurst
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

View user profile
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Granadico on 9/13/2013, 5:20 pm

by that logic they shouldn't have added Rob, Dr. Mario, or any other character like that i cna't think of

-------

http://www.thespritas.com/viewtopic.forum?t=6623

made by Knux184

But those days are gone
    But there may not be one
    Granadico
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40