View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Anime Battle WIP

on 5/3/2012, 6:02 am
http://www.fileize.com/view/e017ca88-e93/

I really don't know if I'll continue this. I want to, but my ideas run slowly as hell. Tell me what you guys think, though.

Updated link.

http://www.fileize.com/view/13aac85e-f72/

Added sounds and some seconds. Still haven't added all of them, but this is kind of a preview of how it's going to be with the sounds.

So yes, again; opinion please.

Last edited by Jemaster800 on 5/6/2012, 7:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Spritan
Spritan

Re: Anime Battle WIP

on 5/3/2012, 6:16 am
Cool trailer bro but i didn't like the music. And when you said anime fight i was expeting custom ANIME not sprite animation.

Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 6:18 am
@Blackleafe wrote:when you said anime fight i was expeting custom ANIME not sprite animation.
I don't get that? D:
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 6:26 am
@Jemaster800 wrote:http://www.fileize.com/view/e017ca88-e93/

I really don't know if I'll continue this. I want to, but my ideas run slowly as hell. Tell me what you guys think, though.

@Jemaster800 wrote:

I really don't know if I'll continue this.

@Jemaster800 wrote:

I really don't know...

@Jemaster800 wrote:...don't know...

YOU BETTER FINISH THIS SHIT!!!! AND I WANT FOUR EPISODES!!!! AND A FULL LENGTH MOVIE!!!!

No but on a serious note, you definitely have an eye for musical to visual collaboration, I mean everything just meshed together into a brilliant piece of work.

More specifically the musical choice and sequencing in the beginning. Nice touch with choosing music we all should be fairly familiar with, and the way they cut at certain points in the music left me intrigued and wanting to see what scene would be shot next?

Now on to the character choice:
You were kind of helped out by the Jumpstars Roster, but you did a good job at selecting the characters with similar strengths and generally no OverPoweredness (I mean much could be said about Naruto's Ninetails Chakra, or Luffy's ability to just be badass), each hero has their strong points, and the fact that you chose characters we knew, we know their weak points as well. We'll just have to see how you exploit those if you choose to continue the workings.

Critique:
As I said before I loved the intro, it was brilliant loved the syncing and everything... HOWEVER, you produced something so epic and I felt a little hint of lackluster from your choice of font. I mean the intro is awesome, why not have the words be awesome as well? That being said I did find that the average font did compliment the spastic, and "exciting" flashes of black and white. So you can really go either way with that.

Uhh let's see, the effects were spectacular, nice usage, not overly spammed everywhere. I will say though that the chakra that Naruto and Sakura had didn't look, uhmm "Defined?" I don't know if that's the best word? They looked a bit blurry, and in the anime their chakra's are more definite and whispy in nature so if you touched up on that I'll shut my piehole about that xD!

All the fight's looked good, however, the little skirmish between Zoro, Luffy, Naruto, Sasuke and etc. (I think it was the first bit of action sequencing? They were moving up the hill?) It was over REALLY QUICK, I know you had to keep scenes at a certain length due to your awesome music/visual syncing, but all I saw was a flash of Luffy's hands, and some people laying down... Perhaps that was what you were going for?

In Conclusion:
Loved the intro, I've explained some of the iffy parts (Of which you had very few to begin with) and yea... I'll be watching this topic to see if you add anything new!!

Also I'm just a noob :3

Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 6:33 am
@N1nja wrote:
@Jemaster800 wrote:http://www.fileize.com/view/e017ca88-e93/

@Jemaster800 wrote:

I really don't know if I'll continue this.

@Jemaster800 wrote:

I really don't know...

@Jemaster800 wrote:...don't know...

YOU BETTER FINISH THIS SHIT!!!! AND I WANT FOUR EPISODES!!!! AND A FULL LENGTH MOVIE!!!!

No but on a serious note, you definitely have an eye for musical to visual collaboration, I mean everything just meshed together into a brilliant piece of work.

More specifically the musical choice and sequencing in the beginning. Nice touch with choosing music we all should be fairly familiar with, and the way they cut at certain points in the music left me intrigued and wanting to see what scene would be shot next?

Now on to the character choice:
You were kind of helped out by the Jumpstars Roster, but you did a good job at selecting the characters with similar strengths and generally no OverPoweredness (I mean much could be said about Naruto's Ninetails Chakra, or Luffy's ability to just be badass), each hero has their strong points, and the fact that you chose characters we knew, we know their weak points as well. We'll just have to see how you exploit those if you choose to continue the workings.

Critique:
As I said before I loved the intro, it was brilliant loved the syncing and everything... HOWEVER, you produced something so epic and I felt a little hint of lackluster from your choice of font. I mean the intro is awesome, why not have the words be awesome as well? That being said I did find that the average font did compliment the spastic, and "exciting" flashes of black and white. So you can really go either way with that.

Uhh let's see, the effects were spectacular, nice usage, not overly spammed everywhere. I will say though that the chakra that Naruto and Sakura had didn't look, uhmm "Defined?" I don't know if that's the best word? They looked a bit blurry, and in the anime their chakra's are more definite and whispy in nature so if you touched up on that I'll shut my piehole about that xD!

All the fight's looked good, however, the little skirmish between Zoro, Luffy, Naruto, Sasuke and etc. (I think it was the first bit of action sequencing? They were moving up the hill?) It was over REALLY QUICK, I know you had to keep scenes at a certain length due to your awesome music/visual syncing, but all I saw was a flash of Luffy's hands, and some people laying down... Perhaps that was what you were going for?

In Conclusion:
Loved the intro, I've explained some of the iffy parts (Of which you had very few to begin with) and yea... I'll be watching this topic to see if you add anything new!!

Also I'm just a noob :3

Well, for the quick action sequence, that was only part of the introduction still. You know, before Lenalee appeared. And now I'm moving on to the actual action, which I hope will be also good. ._. But yeah, I'm still working on this.

on 5/3/2012, 7:41 am
Don't quote all that to just post 5 small sentences, man.

But this is good.
Also the first thing that came to my mind when I read the title was Anime fight lol
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 5/3/2012, 10:17 am
yea I thought it was gonna be some hand drawn anime with that title

but this is good too, luffy's pose looked weired to me thogh in the beginning.

My upcoming projects

Captain Falcon vs Bang Shishigami: 4%      Vergil vs Sephiroth: 60%      

Killer Instinct Origins: TJ Combo:10%        Dragonclaw vs Evil Ryu Remake: 10%

Lloyd vs Kratos:13%                Kratos vs Cloud:10%        Ryu Hyabusa custom sprites:1%
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 5/3/2012, 10:57 am
@Blackleafe wrote:Cool trailer bro but i didn't like the music. And when you said anime fight i was expeting custom ANIME not sprite animation.

and that's why he's on a spriting forum. to show us all his amazing anime skills on a spriting forum.

why. why are you so dumb sometimes?

anyways jem Y U ALWAYS GIVE UP ON AMAYZAH ANIAMTOINZ?!?! DISH IS SUPER AMAYZAAH

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 11:07 am
I hate your choice of music. If you don't change it, I'll end up hating your animation, which would be bad because it clearly shows skill.

My main critique is that the intro is too long. It's not because it's longer than other intros, but because intros in general are too long, and no one seems to have noticed yet. I think it shows respect for the viewer to not make them sit through an introduction, to instead jump right into the action as quickly as possible, unless there's some kind of deep plot, in which case it's oftentimes better to start in medias res anyway.

Other things: I don't like when a sprite explosion covers the screen. It looks all ICKY and OMGPIXELS-IN-MY-FACE. If you want an explosion that covers the screen, I suggest drawing one yourself. Alternatively, have the explosion not cover the screen, but the movie quickly fades to white and everyone gets knocked skyways.

You might benefit from giving this movie a more descriptive title, perhaps something like, "Jump Superbrawl" which would let everyone know exactly what to expect, or something more creative like "Lenalee Battles EVERYONE".

Anyway, this is very good. Keep up the work.
(This advice might help you: "Never wait until you feel like doing something to do it.")

Last edited by Grognor on 5/3/2012, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Be hard like a bone, not a rock. Protect something.
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 11:07 am
Yeah Jem... why ._.

Don't b like me man...

I NEVER FINISH ANYTH
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 12:05 pm
@Grognor wrote:I hate your choice of music. If you don't change it, I'll end up hating your animation, which would be bad because it clearly shows skill.

My main critique is that the intro is too long. It's not because it's longer than other intros, but because intros in general are too long, and no one seems to have noticed yet. I think it shows respect for the viewer to not make them sit through an introduction, to instead jump right into the action as quickly as possible, unless there's some kind of deep plot, in which case it's oftentimes better to start in medias res anyway.

Other things: I don't like when a sprite explosion covers the screen. It looks all ICKY and OMGPIXELS-IN-MY-FACE. If you want an explosion that covers the screen, I suggest drawing one yourself. Alternatively, have the explosion not cover the screen, but the movie quickly fades to white and everyone gets knocked skyways.

You might benefit from giving this movie a more descriptive title, perhaps something like, "Jump Superbrawl" which would let everyone know exactly what to expect, or something more creative like "Lenalee Battles EVERYONE".

Anyway, this is very good. Keep up the work.
(This advice might help you: "Never wait until you feel like doing something to do it.")

I fully agree. Also there is a little risk that you accidently put all cool moves to the intro instead of using then in battles. You might get up with 1 cool intro and borin animation.

Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 12:45 pm
@Blackleafe wrote:You might get up with 1 cool intro and borin animation.
That's what I'm afraid of ending up with. It's why I'm putting actual effort instead of just throwing sprites in there like some of my movies.

And thanks everyone else. Also, I know not everyone likes that kind of music Grognor, but to be honest, when I listened to that song, I started to imagine this animation. So you'll see why I chose this specific song.
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 12:47 pm
I want to collab with this guy so badly.

Anyway ^-^"

I love that part with the trees. And what's the song called?

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 1:38 pm
@NS01 wrote:I want to collab with this guy so badly.

Anyway ^-^"

I love that part with the trees. And what's the song called?

We should some day. :3
And thanks. It's called Bridges Burning by Foo Fighters.
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 4:16 pm
If you guys prefer he can always be like me and make 1 animation every 3 monthes and some how improve a lot by the next time you make one. not saying i'm amazing but i improved a lot after not practicing lmao

Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 4:57 pm
>4/22/2012 6:14:28 PM Flutter Shy jesus ernandez (L)
>4/22/2012 6:14:35 PM jesus ernandez Flutter Shy I don't have any new shit.

Die painfully you dirty filthy whore

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 5:15 pm
@Jellal wrote:>4/22/2012 6:14:28 PM Flutter Shy jesus ernandez (L)
>4/22/2012 6:14:35 PM jesus ernandez Flutter Shy I don't have any new shit.

Die painfully you dirty filthy whore
Dis' not new. I show u dis be4. No dyin plz xo.
But really, this isn't that new. It's been on Youtube for like a month. Or more, I don't know.
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 5:21 pm
Oh snap. Really nice.

@AaronKun wrote:I don't like The Spritas. It's not the people on Skype, it's usually everyone else. Why? I loved The Spritas, but I despise what it has become. A place for hatred, fighting, arguing and trolling. Let me out and ban me. If you can, quote this as my signature so all my past posts will reflect this. Thanks.
Banned
Banned

on 5/3/2012, 6:15 pm
It was nice.

░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░
░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
Patrick: So you mean to say they’ve taken what we thought we think and make us think we thought our thoughts we've been thinking our thoughts we think we thought? I think...
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 6:18 pm
<3 is sexy

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB

Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 7:50 pm
http://www.fileize.com/view/51ec63ee-2ea/ Yay or nay on the proggress?
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 7:52 pm
@Jemaster800 wrote:http://www.fileize.com/view/51ec63ee-2ea/ Yay or nay on the proggress?

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB

Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 9:36 pm
Yay.

@AaronKun wrote:I don't like The Spritas. It's not the people on Skype, it's usually everyone else. Why? I loved The Spritas, but I despise what it has become. A place for hatred, fighting, arguing and trolling. Let me out and ban me. If you can, quote this as my signature so all my past posts will reflect this. Thanks.
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2012, 11:22 pm
It's dirty like your filthy lies your dirty whore

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/4/2012, 5:41 am
@Jellal wrote:It's dirty like your filthy lies your dirty whore
Does that make it good, then? :C
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum