View previous topicGo downView next topic

Re: Swagging BGs

on 3/19/2012, 5:13 pm
I'd do one, but I don't animate with sprites anymore : >

I don't know why no one else requests you though.
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/19/2012, 5:41 pm
Swag king, I want to see you have a go at making your own version of a Dragon Ball Z tournament ring, including backround props. ex. The place where the fighters make their entrance, walkway, etc.

Spoiler:
Thanks leo for the derp luigi Very Happy
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/19/2012, 6:05 pm
@Revler wrote:Swag king, I want to see you have a go at making your own version of a Dragon Ball Z tournament ring, including backround props. ex. The place where the fighters make their entrance, walkway, etc.

I have neglected the people in my effect thread for to long. I must now travel back and provide my service. It will be a while before I get to your request.
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/19/2012, 6:06 pm
Ok answering machine, lmfao.

Spoiler:
Thanks leo for the derp luigi Very Happy
Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/therapidfir3pho3nix

on 3/20/2012, 12:58 am
@swag king wrote:
xRAPIDFIR3xPHO3NIXx wrote:Hey, Swag King, can I ask you where and how you learned to make sprites so professionally?

"Edit"? scratch

Well I started out sour very sour, but I good really good. My texture techiques were studied from metal slugs games but I still have a long way to go before I'm godly like them. It is heart breaking hard to learn how to make sprite just like programming(I'm both!) but if you want it keep trying. I learned how to make better BG by looking at the textures of metal slugs games then tried it out on the computer later. There are certain techinque you'll see to make something look a certain way. The BG above is me trying to copy Metal slugs style. My real style of spriting is super colorful, eyebleeding bright and very flashy.

My bad, I'm pretty newbie so "Editing Sprites" and "Making Sprites" seem like the same terminology to me, even though they are very distinguishable. Anyway, you are extremely good at making sprites and that BG you posted does remind me of Metal Slug. Anyways, I was just wondering because it's just so good and incredibly detailed. I'm going to try to start making my own sprites but I'm pretty sure I do not have the patience to do it.
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/9/2012, 3:03 pm
Holy shit these are amazing.

I would like to request a mountain background. Pretty rocky.

No need for a sky behind it or anything the mountain will do.

Spritan
Spritan

on 4/30/2012, 1:11 pm
Ugh it been so long! I wish I could sprite but I'm just so busy. I hope my freetime picks up around the summer. I got something huge planned. Everyone I'll be back to finish request by june hopefully.
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/14/2012, 2:58 pm
@Revler wrote:Swag king, I want to see you have a go at making your own version of a Dragon Ball Z tournament ring, including backround props. ex. The place where the fighters make their entrance, walkway, etc.

Alright I'm pumped for this! I will get another chance at making a BG that looks like it was in a metal slug game! Expect this finished in no less than 3 days. Um what does the tournament ring look like again?
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/15/2012, 11:42 am
@Revler wrote:Swag king, I want to see you have a go at making your own version of a Dragon Ball Z tournament ring,

:!: including backround props. :!:

ex. The place where the fighters make their entrance, walkway, etc.

...............@#$^@!

Alright you'll get those too....... I hate it when I can't find loopholes

Spritan
Spritan

on 8/24/2012, 9:28 am

This is the second to last request from another site! it mean I'm finally coming back here to take care of some old request. Use it how ever you feel pleasing.
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/25/2012, 3:21 am
^ Swag King u r...epic.The best.HOLY FUCK. I love you

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/14/2013, 11:20 pm
Wasn't happy with this so I updated it. How did it turn out? Oh yeah does anyone want to learn how to do this? I would be happy to teach if you help me.
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/15/2013, 5:48 am
That amazing BG...

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/15/2013, 10:26 am
Saulgp wrote:That amazing BG...

Thank you. I'm more of a background spriter then a character & effects guy, but I like to keep myself equally multiskilled.
Administrator
Administrator

on 2/15/2013, 2:09 pm
These are nice, but...too much work on the shiny and brightness of it. Whoever is to use those backgrounds must now edit their sprites to be at the same quality of shininess. Also, that seems a bit too over done, I don't really know how you could use it effectively.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/15/2013, 3:00 pm
@Patt wrote:These are nice, but...too much work on the shiny and brightness of it. Whoever is to use those backgrounds must now edit their sprites to be at the same quality of shininess. Also, that seems a bit too over done, I don't really know how you could use it effectively.

I created this with 2 layers. The bottom layer is the sprite work and the top are the effects. The top layer looks like a bunch of random colors, but when placed over the bottom layer it make the image. If you put the effect layer at the front in flash with a little transparent it will apply the effect to everything with in it. The only problem is that I made this with gimp and I already mere the two layers....... anyway this bg was made to be in the back implying distant.
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/23/2013, 6:04 pm
bro may i use that bg that looks like Dragon ball z im making a sasuke vs yoh asakura Laughing
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/23/2013, 7:44 pm
YOU ARTISTIC BASTARD. WHY YOU TEASIN'? WHY SO MUCH SEXY BGS!?!?!

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Administrator
Administrator

on 2/23/2013, 8:34 pm
@Ping wrote:YOU ARTISTIC BASTARD. WHY YOU TEASIN'? WHY SO MUCH SEXY BGS!?!?!
Swaggin*

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/23/2013, 9:04 pm
@inmortalkid wrote:bro may i use that bg that looks like Dragon ball z im making a sasuke vs yoh asakura Laughing

I though I deleted these but I must have made backs up somewhere else. Here the stadium and something you can loop.

Administrator
Administrator

on 2/24/2013, 12:31 am
See, that one is nicer. Something someone can actually use.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/24/2013, 2:48 am
I like that one. Intensely dramatic. The perspective captures a lot of depth and a dark theme.

I like you, Swag King. You're BGs are... "Swaggerific". Right, Patt?

I can definitely learn a lot from you. You're a strong inspiration here.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/24/2013, 8:16 pm
@Ping wrote:I like that one. Intensely dramatic. The perspective captures a lot of depth and a dark theme.

I like you, Swag King. You're BGs are... "Swaggerific". Right, Patt?

I can definitely learn a lot from you. You're a strong inspiration here.

"Strong inspiration here" I think you got it in opposite. You guys are an inspiration to me. I watch the flash videos produced here and see all the cool stuff happening. I wanna make that stuff, this is why I'm here.
Administrator
Administrator

on 2/24/2013, 10:00 pm
But then you make that.

Then he wants to animate.

Then you watch his animation.

Then you wanna make another BG.

You make another BG.

He likes it.

He animates.

You like it.